Jan 12 2018
Samsung Responds To Battery Issue On The Galaxy Note 8 And Galaxy S8+
Last week, we told you that some Samsung Galaxy Note 8 and Samsung Galaxy S8+ units were getting bricked after the batteries were drained completely to 0%. Once these phones shut down, they could not be resuscitated by any method. While horrible news for the owners of affected models, at least we aren’t seeing these handsets blow up, which is what happened last year when the batteries inside the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 failed. That led the latter to get recalled twice and finally removed from store shelves. Samsung took a hit in excess of a billion dollars because of this debacle.
At this point, the best thing that Galaxy Note 8 and Galaxy S8+ users can do is to avoid a problem is to make sure that they are charging up their batteries before they get down to 0%. Samsung is in the middle of investigating what is going wrong with these two devices. Ironically, after the Galaxy Note 7 explosions last year, the manufacturer said that it would begin the process of implementing an 8-point safety test for the batteries used in new Samsung handsets.
Right now, Samsung says that it has received only a small number of complaints. In a statement, Samsung said that it needs more information about affected devices If your Galaxy Note 8 or Galaxy S8+ won’t restart after the battery completely discharged all of the power it was carrying, and the device won’t turn back on, you need to get in touch with the company immediately to discuss what happened. Only when Sammy has enough information will it be able to make an intelligent and knowledgeable comment.
So far, we haven’t heard anything about replacement models being sent out by Samsung. If your Galaxy Note 8 or Galaxy S8+ has been bricked after the battery was completely discharged, drop us a line in the comments section below.
source: WinFuture (translated) via MSPoweruser